Sunday 7 August 2011

Scrapbook Layouts...........

This is the first time i have entered a challenge for scrapbook layouts, but i must admit that i do love scrapbooking and i do make scrapbooks for friends and my children to play with.....this LO is the start of my own scrapbook journey...i have recently bought a 12 x 12 blank scrapbook and my aim is to fill it up with LO's from this challenge blog....fingers crossed lol......i haven't put a picture in this one as i haven't had much opportunity to look through all my photos....i do hope that that doesn't disqualify me from this challenge......

Our Vintage Affair is a fantastic and very talented craft challenge blog with varying themes....the theme this time is 'Birds' and they have to be used within the layout.

This is what i came up with.....


The BG papers are from my stash, i have used Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Spun sugar to age and distress the papers and i have also torn and scratched the paper. I have added to little love birds...one inside the cage and one at the bottom of the LO.


The gorgeous metal butterfly is from Wild Orchid Crafts, some of the pearls are also but i did mix them up with others from my stash.


I have used a Tim Holtz birdcage and adorned it with ivory and white pearls, you can just about make out the birds inside....just lol....


The small frame is loosely covered with pink vintage seam binding and again i have used a metal flower embellishment from Wild Orchid Crafts. The flowers are from Prima and have white brads in the centre. I cut out and distressed with inks the make believe branch and leaves, then added leaf veins with a copic glitter pen.

'TWEET TWEET'

Hope this meets the challenge xx
Amanda

5 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi hun, great to see you joining us at Our Vintage Affair, and hope that over the months that we can inspire you to create many more beautiful layouts, like this one, I hope you are going to repost once you have a photo to place in the available space, would love to see it. Love the way you have wrapped your binding around the frame too. Thank you for taking your journey with us
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Thankyou for your lovely comments about our blog Amanda. Love your layout and I hope you join us regularly.
Hugs
Michelle

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Amanda - this is one very cheerful layout that you have created - I love it!! Thank you for joining in with us at Our Vintage Affair - hope to see you again Polly x

Toni said...

Hi Amanda !!!! so glad you joined in with us on our challenge...I just love your layout and the color combo is so yummy !!!! one of my favorite things to work with on my vintage layouts is seam binding and I love how you used it to add that vintage flair... Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair... Looking forward to seeing other creations from you !!!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing with us at Our Vintage Affair :)